Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics
18617752

Need to complete a drive cycle - Just changed a selinoid

Customer Question

need to complete a drive cycle - Just changed a selinoid sensor.
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: Trouble code was triggered don't remember what it was. engine light is out know. But I have only driven 5 miles.
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2006 Chevy Uplander
JA: Are you fixing your Uplander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: A friend did. It had a code that pointed to the sensor that is located by the passenger back wheel between muffler and gas tank. Has something to do with gas fumes.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can I just drive 100 miles like we used to to reset the computer module, or what do I have to do?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and prepare your answer.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for holding.

GM has provided a Drive Cycle procedure that should get the readiness monitors set more quickly and efficiently. Try to stay as close to the times and speeds as directed in the drive cycle. Keep in mind, the EVAP System is the hardest monitor to set and may require the drive cycle be done a couple of times. I've wrapped up the drive cycle into a PDF file for easier viewing/printing. Download the PDF file here:https://goo.gl/8RtwQ0

Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.