Craig Manning
Craig Manning,
Experience:  High Level- Senior Technician at Firestone Complete Auto Care
97029787

Theis not engaging with the buttons on the dash. I only get

Customer Question

the*****is not engaging with the buttons on the dash. I only get any action from pushing them when in neutral also. Then the 4 high and 2 low flash simultaneously and the 2w wheel high light does not come back on. It is not burnt out. Actuator is good and cable is free. The vacuum switch by the battery is suspect but there is not routing of vacuum to the actuator anyway so...? Computer problem or maybe speed sensor issue?
JA: Does the sensor have a wire-wrapped magnet? If so, have you checked it with an ohmmeter?
Customer: I do not kiinow where it is located...only heard about it
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 1995 blazer
JA: Are you fixing your Blazer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yup new vacuum switch and checking hose routing, and checked for cracked vacuum lines. all seem good
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
there are no lights on buttons at all usually, and no response from pushing them while moving. This should shift to 4 high on the fly. But I must stop and go to nuertral to do anything. I can hear the electric actuator running when trying the buttons at idle in neutral. do you have the vacuum routing diagram also?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was under my Blazer last night and noticed I can turn the front drive shaft by hand freely. I thought that front drive shaft always is engaged even when not in***** Is the transfer case bad? There has never been any noise or racket coming from it to indicate failure. I see you need more money to answer me. I am waiting for any response. I have not received any other info from you. What's up?
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. I help on here part time in between jobs etc. Experts are not employees of the site so there may be some delays in my responses and my available logins but we can post back and forth as needed. If you would like to schedule a call we can do that too.

First you will want to drain the transfer case and see the oil condition for discoloration or burnt smell and also check for metal/debris that would indicate an internal problem. If okay we will need to check further into the electrical. Let me know

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What did I spend 5.00 on? So you can get me to spend 26 more? For 5 bucks Just Answer whether or not the front drive shaft should free wheel or not as it is now. I will take it from there. The last time I asked for help from Just Answer, I was assisted thru my trouble. This looks now too much like most other things...A ploy to get my wallet open wider. Thanks 5 bucks worth for your reply. Kim

Good luck with your repair Kim. Experts arent employees of the site. Nor has any expert been paid for their time. Your deposit sits with the site and only gets split wth the experts on positive feedback or accepted answers. The post suggest you asked for a phone call which is extra but not required.

"

"Customer

(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

5 Dec 2016, 9:05 PM"

Ill opt out and maybe someone else will be a better fit for you question

.

Expert:  Craig Manning replied 2 months ago.

Sorry for the delay. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today! Can you unhook your servo under the battery from the cable unbolt the servo and move it up where you can see it for me? Then reinstall the battery tray and battery. Let me know when you have completed this step.

You want the cable unhooked but the vacuum line which runs to the bottom of the vacuum actuator hooked up. The top line on the actuator runs to a 3 way splitter with a check valve (located near master cylinder on driver side of engine bay). The black side should be hooked to constant manifold vacuum. The 90° white barb goes to HVAC mode controller. The 180° white barb goes to the Vacuum actuator. Make sure the line are ran property. Advise on these conditions when you can.

If you don't have vacuum at the switch follow the line to the black/white valve they tend to fall and are also commonly hooked up wrong.