Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Are you sure you want to know, i need a specialist, 98 chevy

Customer Question

are you sure you want to know
JA: No. I'm the Chevy Mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: i need a specialist
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 98 chevy s 10 2wd 2.2L for starters
JA: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?
Customer: well thats not the problem, i will keep it as simple as possible. the pins in the computer to the guages were removed, and i only have water temp. the other guages are not working
JA: Are you fixing your 98 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i tried repinning the c12 and c100 connections but still no guages. i think i am missing power to them i have no LCD odometer display but i do have light
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no if i can get pass this the rest i can figure out
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
will i get a responce?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
that connection is noy c12 it's c 152
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If this is the engine computer that has missing pins due to being removed or the incorrect computer installed the computer will usually need replaced to resolve this fault here.If this is not what has been removed or what you are looking for here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete