Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2003 Chevy Astro van power steering leaking out of rez also

Customer Question

2003 Chevy Astro van power steering leaking out of rez also feels a little hard when turning steering wheel even when reservoir still full
What should I inspect ?
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Step one is to find the leak and address it. This maybe a faulty seal in the steering gear, a line, a line fitting. Once the leak is addressed and the system is filled and bleed. If there are still a low assist issue then this leak and low fluid could of damaged the pump causing the pressure to now not be adequate. If you took it to a shop I would not expect the diag, repair, fluid, time to come out over 600$ max cost all depending on what they find.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 3 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris