Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I have a 2003 savanah van with the abs /brake light lights

Customer Question

I have a 2003 savanah van with the abs /brake light lights showing. It coded as co550 but can not find the fuse they are saying to pull?
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: Both
JA: What is the model of your '03 Chevy?
Customer: 2003 SAVANAH VAN 5.3 LT 1/2 TON
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: bOTH, I TOOK TO LOCAL GARAGE AND HE CODED IT CO550 , BUT WHEN LOOKING AT FUSE BOS COULD NOT FIND THE TCCM FUSE
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO. IS THERE A CHARGE AND HOW MUCH
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the code was pulled from the EBCM (electronic brake control module) this indicates an internal electrical fault in the EBCM itself needing replaced which is common.If this code set in a different control module this indicates the control module/ecu that set this code needs replaced.

Are you looking for the ABS main fuse to pull on this model here?Is this a 4wd model?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It was pulled from the main port with meter...several people have said to pull tccm fuse for thirty seconds to wake uo....there is no fuse marked tccm
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2wheel drive
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

O.k.,the TCCM is for transfer case control module.That is if this model had 4wd as this code will set in the TCCM and since this is 2wd this is the ABS setting this code with the EBCM needing replaced unfortunately.There is no wake up for this EBCM but you can locate the large ABS fuses in the under hood fuse panel and pull them for a few minutes then reinstall them and if this works then you may be o.k. but most likely the EBCM needs replaced.This was a very common component to fail and cause this code and issue here.The EBCM is mounted on top of the anti lock brake hydraulic unit and needs programmed by a GM dealer once replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete