Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

2013 HD2500 LTZ 79k mi. original owner. No mods. 100% stock

Customer Question

2013 HD2500 LTZ 79k mi. original owner. No mods. 100% stock Fuel filter has 37% life remaining.
Check engine light on. Code P0183 - Fuel Temp Sensor High A circuit High input. No other faults shown.
This sensor appears to be mounted on the CP4 pump (buried, I can barely lay eyes on it with a mirror and flashlight. It's connector appears to be connected.
Code was cleared by ORileys. Drove 15 miles. Restarted, light came back.
Question: can I try to get a dealer/shop to re flash the ECM ? How can I actually get to the B48 (fuel temp)sensor to disconnect harness, perform a resistance check across sensor, check for pushed pins at connector, etc ?
Any advice is apreciated.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 12 days ago.

Hi Alex, My name is***** the sensor and harness connector pins and wiring for corrosion or damage. The P0183 code sets when the fuel temperature sensor voltage reading is high (low temperature indicated). This can be due to unplugged sensor, cut wiring or a faulty sensor. The fuel temperature sensor is located on the drivers side of the engine, just below the air tubing for the turbocharger. If you find no problems, replace the sensor. Let me know

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I thought the 2013 Gen Duramax Fuel temp sensor in mounted on the bottom of the CP4 Injectior pump. Please be specific of its location of this sensor. Is it on a fuel return line, pressure line? Can you submit a detailed PDF or picture?