trung do
trung do,
Experience:  journeyman technician at stevens creek toyota
96884327

Stopped at the gas station last night had half a tank of

Customer Question

Stopped at the gas station last night had half a tank of fuel asked the attendant to fill it up with diesel went in and paid drove the truck for about 3 hours seemed to work like normal then stopped and parked for about 30 mins the high idle switch was on then the truck just turned its self off and wouldn't restart that's when I discovered the gas smell comming from the tank. If the tank is drained and lines flushed will I be OK or did this cause major damage?
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  trung do replied 12 days ago.

HI THIS IS TRUNG WILL BE HELPING U TODAY

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok
Expert:  trung do replied 12 days ago.

IF GAS IS FILL INSIDE THE DIESEL ENGINE AND DEPEND ON HOW LONG IT BEEN IN THERE IF U DRAIN AND FLUSH OUT ALL THE FUEL IT SHOULD BE OK , BUT IF LEAVE IN THERE FOR LONG PERIOD OF TIME SEAL AND RING CAN SWORNLNG

Expert:  trung do replied 12 days ago.

THE MAJOR PART ABOUT PUTTING WRONG FUEL IS THE SEAL AND EVEN THE PUMP IS DESIGN FOR THAT FUEL AND IF WRONG FUEL IS ENTER AND IT CAN CAUSE FUEL PUMP TO GOES OUT CAUSE DIESEL AND GAS HAVE DIFFERENT LUBRICANT . INJECTOR CAN ALSO BE CLOG AND NOT WORK .

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It was put in yesterday then drove about 300 miles the shop was closed today but they are going to drain the tank and change filter and blow out fuel lines first thing in the morning but the shop owner is making it sound like I may need all new injectors and injector pump but the engine was running and idling fine before it shut its self off
Expert:  trung do replied 12 days ago.

SOMETIME AS SHOP AND REPAIR FACILITIES SCARE ISSUE LATER ON IN THE LONG RUN . USUALLY AS MECHANIC WE HAVE TO RECOM ALL THOSE . I HAVE DONE SEVERAL CAR WITHOUT DOING THOSE AND NOTHING DIDN'T HAPPEN BUT WHEN I CAME TO THE DEALERSHIP WORLD WE OBLIGATED TO RECOM EVERYTHING JUST AS A PREVENTICE MEASURE. BUT IF IT IDLE FINE AND RUNNING NORMAL THEN U SHOULD BE GOOD. CAN I ASK U WHO IS PAING FOR THE REPAIR

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'm paying for the repair its at a diesel performance shop they were only a few miles from where it turned off so I'm going to get them to flush it and see where that leads us but the truck is brand new only has 800 miles
Expert:  trung do replied 12 days ago.

WITH THAT LESS MILE IS SHOULD BE OK . JUST DO AS SOON AS POSSIBLE CAUSE GAS SITTING IN THERE LONG ENOUGH SEAL THE FIRST THING TO GOES OUT CAUSE RUBBER

Expert:  trung do replied 12 days ago.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You
TRUNG DO
?ASE CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The gas will be in the system for about 36 hours by the time they drain it tomorrow I'm just really hopping it didn't ruin the injectors or pump but if it either of them were bad would the truck run poorly before it quit and also wouldn't it put up a engine code for bad injector or pump?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Guess your gone
Expert:  trung do replied 11 days ago.

good morning I'm here

Expert:  trung do replied 11 days ago.

if gas damage fuel injector seal and pump vehicle will not run due to injector clog up the seal will by swirling

Expert:  trung do replied 11 days ago.

do u still need further help

Expert:  trung do replied 10 days ago.

Hi how is it going did u get the fuel flush out yet

Expert:  trung do replied 10 days ago.

Do you still need further help with your issue

Expert:  trung do replied 9 days ago.

Hi trung checking in on how thing going with the vehicle.