rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2009 chev Silverado 4x4 has a mind of it's own! There are

Customer Question

2009 chev Silverado 4x4 has a mind of it's own! There are times it will not start seems no power at all, I disconnect the battery to reset the computer and it starts right up. This is not the whole problem with this truck the door locks open and lock, the inst. panel lights flash on and off, traction light tells me I need to have a look at it, truck jerks. All this except the not start problem, while driving down the road. it will stop for awhile and then start all over again, sometimes it will smooth out and run normal but it will start again whenever.
I have had it into the dealers 3 or 4 times while it was under warranty with no luck there. IF YOU DON'T RESPOND I WILL UNDERSTAND!!!!
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 days ago.

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 days ago.

While using a scan tool, ALL the computers need to be pinged and bidirectionally tested. Either one of the computers is bad, or you have a bad ground or the instrument cluster is failing which is also a computer that supports the gateway to all the computers on board.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks Ron
I have to think the GM dealer would have scanned for this problem, and the bad ground has come up before so maybe I'll just root around a little on my own and see what I come up with.
Ron I have know problem with paying for your service but I think you would have to be here to test and check for the problem.
Thanks again Mike
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 days ago.

I wish I was there to do it for you. This is not the ordinary problems one sees, that's why it requires a seasoned Tech to do the tests.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 days ago.

Also, please understand that the information I gave you is true and accurate. When done how I mentioned, the problem will be found. I hope telling you the truth doesn't affect my 5 star rating for my time and knowledge.

Thanks again

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 8 days ago.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly appreciate a 5
star rating now and I will still assist you after you have rated me
too if another question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you
until you rate me. I'm sure you were aware from the start that I wouldn't be coming to your house to fix this, this is a pay site and I need to be compensated for my time.
Thanks again, Ron