Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Wipers won't shut off, They stay on I've looked at fuses

Customer Question

Wipers won't shut off
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: They stay on I've looked at fuses seems to be none inexpensive there spots
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 03 silverado 1500
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven't had time . Places to be Checking for fuses
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: A quick fix tell I have time would be best
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 9 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 9 days ago.

This is a common problem caused by a failed wiper motor/module. The gray wire feeds power to the wiper switch from the motor and then when the switch is turned on, it sends voltage back on the pink wire to the motor as input for a command. When the switch is off, the pink wire should not have any voltage on it at all. If no voltage but wipers are on this means the wiper motor/module needs to be replaced. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Would u agree that more then likely it's a simple resoldering the pins on the module? ? If so can u find the skimatic plz
Expert:  Dan replied 8 days ago.

I haven't heard of anyone fixing module themselves so I really have no idea what repair would consist of and do not have any diagrams of internal electronics.