Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

I have 02 duramax 2500hd crew apox 200,000 miles my battery

Customer Question

I have 02 duramax 2500hd crew apox 200,000 miles my battery light is on and my*****and blower fan are not working. this happened before and I moved the steering wheel up and down and you could here the system reset but now that doesn't seem to work?
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 13 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- the blower motor ,there a blower motor resistor & relay to check and also unplug blower motor passenger side under glove box & test for power.

2-the battery light is on and 4wd ? check battery for 12 volts

3- check alternator for charging 14 volts . at the battery with truck running and all loads on, headlights, radio,ac etc.. do you still get 14 plus volts

4- moving stering & it happened , i can tell you why this happened unless ,somewhere in the steering connection have a broken or loose wires

5- lets make sure voltage is good, if voltage is low the truck shuts down unnecessary systems to stay running

6-try a master reset for now & we go from there

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 11 days ago.

Hey How are you ,just checking on you & see if you need additional help on it

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat