Jake Cheek
Jake Cheek,
Experience:  Automotive Technician at Hendrick Chevrolet
96914122

I have no power to fuel pump on a 2012 Chevy impala and

Customer Question

I have no power to fuel pump on a 2012 Chevy impala and there is no fuel pump fuse or relay.what could be the problem?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

when cranking it over the grey shows no volts and the pink is a good ground ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I purchased new fuel pump because I was not getting fuel I plugged in new pump before installing in tank will not come on with key on or cranking.problem started jumping my motorcycle after that no start
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

can you be sure the fuses called SIR/DISPLAYS a 10 amp fuse and the fuse called FUEL SYS CONT MDL a 15 amp fuse are both good and with the key ON both show 12 volts at each of those 2 fuses ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I was looking for fuel pump....when I get off work I will check and get back to you thanks
Expert:  Gary replied 3 months ago.

ok let me know

if they are both good and this happened only after you used the car for a jump start usually this usually means a blown fuse or one of the modules was spiked like the ECM or the fuel pump control module were damaged from that jump start which connecting a scan tool to see which module is not communicating will say which is the bad one or damaged module

dont forget to rate us here

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok here with car fuse box under hood doesn't have sir fuse or fuel control module. Is there another fuse box besides under hood or pass kik panel
Expert:  Jake Cheek replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is***** me see if I can help you find those fuses. They may not be your problem but we do need to check them first. Here is the diagram for the fuse block under the hood showing which fuses to check.

Also I noticed this happened after you jump started your motorcycle. Did the cables get jumped incorrectly perhaps? I know mistakes can happen to anyone so please don't feel as if I'm judging you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you Jake found fuse blown fcm 15 amp.I put new 1 in and it blew the next one didn't blow but still won't start....anyore ideas.and yes I had the jumper cables were correct

So you put a new fuel pump in the car? Is it still installed, or did you use the old one? It may be that the old fuel pump blew the fuse.

Also how much fuel is in the car? These have known issue with the fuel sender being inaccurate and not having enough fuel. I would suggest a replacement fuel pump with a new fuel sender. Some come with the pump some don't.