AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Getting p0172 and p0175 codes. Replaced MAV sensor about 2

Customer Question

getting p0172 and p0175 codes. Replaced MAV sensor about 2 weeks ago - had GM service replace evap canister and assembly (was getting p0101 and p0449 cpodes).
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: ...more...literally 5-6 miles after leaving gm service - the cel went on again - code are now 172 and 175 code
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2010 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3 liter 4x4
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm researching at the moment. Haven't tried anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I ust wpen $510 between MAV sensor and GM service replacing evap canister *just spent*
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jake Cheek replied 15 days ago.

Hi my name is***** to JustAnswer.

Sounds like they left a line off, or poor connection. If the purge solenoid is pulling in air instead of evaporative emissions as it should, it will lean out the engine as the ECM is expecting fuel vapors not fresh air! I would advise to take it back and have them check it over for whatever they may have missed. It is unlikely these codes are not related to the recent repair.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome!

Different expert here.

The previous expert has left this question open.

If you have any further questions, please reply back using the reply box below and I will be happy to help.

Thank you.