Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

After warm up the duramax will loose throttle and has no

Customer Question

after warm up the duramax will loose throttle and has no power to pull truck down the road , if you shut it off it will throttle up again but only for a short bit
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2006 5500 GMC with an Allison trans
JA: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes we have our own shop I am with a large construction company, our lead tech has thrown a lot of parts at it , he has changed all the sensors associated and said he is down to the injection pump and/or the ECM
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: code was P087
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: engine sounds good just no throttle response after warm up , when cold it runs fantastic
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
have you found a solution yet?
Expert:  Pete replied 14 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Injector issues were a common fault for this here as well as the injection pump causing low fuel rail pressure.If these were not checked into/tested at all this needs done to see if one of these is at fault needing replaced.This may require special test equipment to fully test these here to pinpoint the fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete