Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

Getting Code P0016, Yes, That is the code P0016 - Cam

Customer Question

Getting Code P0016
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Yes, That is the code P0016 - Cam Position Senson Sensor
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ 5.3L with Active Fuel Management. The truck will not run in V4 mode and it is running rough.
JA: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I want to. I have done nothing other than go to a dealer who took me down a path of removing the front cover. I went to Autozone to see if they had the part, which they do, however I am trying to locate it on the engine.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 16 days ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

Expert:  Gary replied 16 days ago.

with this code set it is very cut and dry to the timing chain being off or too loose or has jumped

the front cover needs to come off and the timing marks to chain need to be checked the odds are the timing chain will be off and need to be replaced

1. Inspect the engine front cover area, or review the service history of the vehicle for any recent repairs involving the timing chain, timing chain tensioner, camshaft, crankshaft, camshaft actuator, or sprockets.
    • If recent repairs were made, refer to Timing Chain and Sprockets Replacement (LC9/LMG/LY2/LY5) Timing Chain and Sprockets Replacement (LY6/L76/L92), and inspect the timing chain, timing chain tensioner, and both sprockets for proper timing alignment or indexing.
  1. Remove the engine front cover, Refer to Timing Chain and Sprockets Cleaning and Inspection.
    • If any components are worn or damage, replace as necessary.

dont forget to rate us here

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer