K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

No left side turn or brake. Replaced the bulbs - no joy.

Customer Question

No left side turn or brake. Replaced the bulbs - no joy. Disconnected trailer wiring - no joy. Checked for voltage at quick disconnect - no joy. Fuses are good.
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: Checked all fuses labelled for any sort of light. Wiring from rear of van is protected by a cargo liner so the chances of damaged wires are very slim.
JA: What year is your Cargo?
Customer: 2005 Chevy Express 2500.
JA: Are you fixing your Cargo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I checked the fuses, changed the bulb, checked the ground, tested for power at the quick disconnect, and disconnected the trailer wiring. Pretty mush everything except the under-dash relay.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That should be it.
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 21 days ago.

Hello, if fuses 4 and 19 test good the next step is going to be to check for the signal to the turn signal relay/module. It's pin L and is a light blue and white wire. The input from the brake light switch is on pin F and is a white wire.

It's very unuasual to have both the stop and turn signal switches fail at the same time. Most likely the turn signal relay/module is faulty. I'll post it's location below.