Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years working on imports and domestic cars
17920890

No power to rear defrost.switch has power, constant no power

Customer Question

no power to rear defrost.switch has power
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: constant no power at window grid
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2003 impalla
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and all i have done is verified that the switch is working
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i want to know where the switched hot for defroster goes to
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 21 days ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.I'll send you the diagram if you want?I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
If you have any questions on it please let me know.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.If the clutch was working before it's not likely that anything was installed backwards. It's more likely that your pilot bearing went out. How long has the clutch been in the car?I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 20 days ago.

Do you still need help with this?
Please let me know.

Did my advice help? If so would you leaving a positive rating for me?
But if you still need help please let me know and I'll continue to help.

Thanks
Sonny

Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 15 days ago.
Do you still need help with this?
Please let me know.Did my advice help? If so would you leaving a positive rating for me?
But if you still need help please let me know and I'll continue to help.Thanks
Sonny