mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

I have a 2009 Chevrolet silverado 1500 LT texas edition and

Customer Question

Hello yes i have a 2009 Chevrolet silverado 1500 LT texas edition and i seem to have a light out on my drivers side tail light the other side works just fine. It's not the bulbs i'v changed all 3 of them, and they dont seem to be completely out either there just extremely Dim and and my trucks blinker flashes really fast like the light is out, im just trying to figure out what part of the truck i should be looking into to fix this problem myself fuse maybe? bad wire grounding? what? and if so where should i start looking?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  mike switzer replied 15 days ago.

it is the panel that holds the three bulbs. this is a common problem with gm. you can buy this panel at any autoparts store.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Can you be more specific, please?

give me a moment.

on this vehicle it doesnt have the typical panel for the lights it has the individual sockets. the sockets have get burnt out and cause your issue as well. these are also readily available.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
i could understand 1 of them being like that seeing as they are individual sockets don't you think it's a little fishy for all 3 to burn out at the same time? i don't see that being probable, Unless there is a short some where that caused all 3 sockets to go out on this tail light enclosure
Expert:  mike switzer replied 13 days ago.

no its pretty common on these