Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years working on imports and domestic cars
17920890

I removed my starter to replace the oil pump when I put it

Customer Question

I removed my starter to replace the oil pump when I put it back it blew the 40 amp fuse and the key does
not power the selinoid, the S post on the selinoid has the purple wire red to large eyelit, and a black wire that had a large eyelit, I don't remember if their was a wire on the other small post, I can't read a schamatic so don't send one I néed the color of each wire
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 16 days ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.You should have two wires going to the starter. A large red wire coming from the battery. That goes to the large terminal on the starter solenoid. Then a small purple wire that goes to the small terminal on the starter solenoid. Let me know if this helps and if you have anymore questions.I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 15 days ago.
Do you still need help with this?
Please let me know.Did my advice help? If so would you leaving a positive rating for me?
But if you still need help please let me know and I'll continue to help.Thanks
Sonny
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 13 days ago.

do you still need help with this? did my advice help?