Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

2002 chevrolet avalanche. I have been noticing a lack of

Customer Question

2002 chevrolet avalanche. I have been noticing a lack of power under hard acceleration and now my check engine light came on with a P0131 and P0151. I monitor them with my scanner and they fluctuate nicely nothing noticeably wrong?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 19 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. I value your input to my questions so I may better help you. The codes you supplied are for the o2 sensors the upstream ones The first ones . You can replace just one but the age of your vehicle I would strongly replace both bank i &2 as they won't be too far apart failing, I will supply you with a pic of all o2 sensors. Trouble Code's.....P0131 and P0151.......may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

• Faulty 02 oxygen sensor
  • Short to voltage on O2 signal circuit
  • High resistance or open on O2 signal circuit

Possible Solutions

• Replace faulty sensor
  • Repair short, open, or high resistance on 02 signal circuit

If you decide to replace the sensors yourself I would advise you to take care in what make you use as some aftermarket ones have been giving issues.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Would this create the power loss.

Yes definitely it will go into fail safe or closed loop and the ECU will take an average reading to run all other systems . This is what we do in shops ,always repair the obvious rather then scratching our heads and guessing.

Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 16 days ago.

Just checking in to see if you require further help if not could you please take the time to rate my help. Thank you.