Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., A.S.E. Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Over 20 years working on imports and domestic cars
17920890

Ii got en error code P2440. What should I do. 212500km. I

Customer Question

ii got en error code P2440. What should I do.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: 212500km. I don't have
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2009 - 4.2 ltr
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: mechanic will fix. But myself I would like to sure what he is going to do.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes. I have other problem. which is engine oil pressure is going to zero after some time of driving
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
212500km.My second problem is when I start the car oil pressure level is showing on middle of the meter and keep idle if I not drive the car. If I start the car after some km. when I brake the car is come to zero. Again in running condition is showing in the middle or more.
My 3rd problem. Check engine light is on.
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 2 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.So here is the procedure for testing the p2440:Tests/Procedures: 1. At key on, engine off the Air Pressure Sensor should read barometer pressure.2. Start and run the engine. Using the scanner command the AIR Pump and AIR Solenoid both on. The Air Pressure Sensor should now read 1.2 - 1.5 PSI (8 - 10 kpa) greater than barometer pressure.3. If OK, turn off the AIR Solenoid. The Air Pressure Sensor should now read 2.9 - 3.7 PSI (20 - 25 kpa) greater than barometer pressure. In some cases the scanner will not allow only the AIR Pump to run, in that case disconnect the "AIR SOL" Relay 55 from the Underhood Electrical Center (UHEC).4. If the pressure does not increase in step 3, replace the Air Solenoid Assembly.As for the oil pressure he will check with a gauge what the actual pressure is. If it's truely 0 then he will try to determine if it's the oil pump or the bearings in the engine.
Let me know if you have more questions.I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Regarding oil pressure issue, you mentioned As for the oil pressure he will check with a gauge what the actual pressure is. If it's truely 0 then he will try to determine if it's the oil pump or the bearings in the engine.My question: By a gauge if I found truly reading is not zero (I mean there is enough pressure) what should i do then
Then the most likely problem is the sensor which is a common problem as well. So I'd replace it then. They are not to expensive but I'd do a pressure test before just replacing it so it's not wasted money.
Do you still need help with this?
Please let me know.Did my advice help? If so would you leaving a positive rating for me?
But if you still need help please let me know and I'll continue to help.Thanks
Sonny
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 1 month ago.

do you still need help with this? did my advice help?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Today U$38 dollar deducted from my credit card bu JUST ANSWER. For what reason?
I am sorry. I am not sure how they do the billing. I'm just a user of the site like you but on the professional side. I don't do any billing or even know how they do it. You need to contact customer service for that. You can do that by the contact us tab in the upper tool bar.