GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

04 avalanche. After vehicle warms up I get door locks

Customer Question

04 avalanche. After vehicle warms up I get door locks erratic, service brake system comes on and engine eill die at times. Especially if I hit a bump
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Chevy mechanic to figure that out. Are you fixing your Avalanche yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to. I can drive about 10 miles on cool mornings. Checked battery voltage and alternator
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It has become more frequent
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jake Cheek replied 24 days ago.

Hi my name is***** to JustAnswer!

So the service brake, erratic door locks, and stalling at times. All when the truck is warmed up. Sounds like we need to get trouble codes pulled and get a better idea of what is going on. Are you able to take the truck to a local auto parts store? Usually they have a scanner and will check the codes for free. In the meantime I will continue to do research on any known issues. If you have any other information about the symptoms please don't hesitate. Any information helps.