Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

90 gmc siera sle 5.7L. No spark, fuel at tb but not out the

Customer Question

90 gmc siera sle 5.7L. No spark, fuel at tb but not out the injectors. Had just replaced the ignition switch on column & starter due to not turning over.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Not that I know of haven't had it that long. No start, no spark, no fuel. But it was running fine then stalled in intersection but wouldn't turn over even until I changed switch & starter
JA: Are you fixing your Sierra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Ignition switch & starter replace.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I know of
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 19 days ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

from the way you explain..

this sounds as if you may have a bad ignition module,,the module is located under the distributer cap.

auto zone and most parts stores can test this ignition module if you take it off and take it to them

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Replaced the module which did test bad but still no stark or fuel output from injectors.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Is anyone going to reply or is that all the help I get for $35?
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 18 days ago.

hi,,sorry i was off line..

remove the distributer cap..does the distributer turn with the engine?

do you have battery voltage on the + side of the coil with the ignition switch on?