Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2007 Malibu LT V6 3.5l the crankshaft position

Customer Question

Hello
I have a 2007 Malibu LT V6 3.5l
the crankshaft position sensor ( firewall side under knock sensor) connector broke. I have a replacement connector but I don't know the wiring, all of the replacement wires are gray
The wires that came out appear to be purple, dark green, light green.
Any help is much appreciated
Thanks
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 22 days ago.

HI,

The dark green should be blue/black wire.

looking at the connector with wires to the back

C - light green, B- purple, A - blue/black(dark green)

see attached

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 22 days ago.

Hi

scratch that. I got A and C mixed

C - blue/black(dark green), B- Purple, A-Light Green

Expert:  Eric replied 22 days ago.

.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks.If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Expert:  Eric replied 21 days ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 13 days ago.

At this time please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 9 days ago.