kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

On my 1990 K2500 I am swapping out the engine. I am putting

Customer Question

On my 1990 K2500 I am swapping out the engine. I am putting the serpentine setup on the new motor. The new motor has vortec heads and intake on it. I noticed the one of the supports that mounts to the left side of the intake manifold will not work with the vortec intake. Is there a different bracket that will work or can I leave it off?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  kalamykid replied 19 days ago.

There are three different setups for this, Can you send me a pic of the set up you have so I can see what you want to use?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I'll look to see if i have one. I have taken the old one apart already.
Expert:  kalamykid replied 19 days ago.

As long as I can see the pieces I will know what you have.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Here's one from when i did the last swap.
Expert:  kalamykid replied 19 days ago.

I take it the bolt hole you are referring to is the one for the support rod that runs to the side of the thermostat housing to the intake bolt, from the back of the serpentine belt tensioner correct?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
That is correct. The one directly behind the tensioner is fine,but the support that runs to side has no where to go on the vortec intake.
Expert:  kalamykid replied 19 days ago.

If that rod is not there, then the tensioner can bounce and cause the belt to jump off. If you can find a blazer or s10 in a salvage yard, you can use the set up off of a 96 -01 with a 4.3. This will bolt right up and is a much better set up anyway.