Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

1998 chev express van roll over switch, Yes out town and was

Customer Question

1998 chev express van roll over switch
JA: Are you fixing your Express yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes out town and was backing up to turn around and it cut off I replaced ignition coil pickup module and mag pickup.
JA: Have you checked the battery lately?
Customer: It's ok
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Were is the roll over switch on this 18 passer bus.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jake Cheek replied 20 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. You say this is an 18 passenger bus? Or is this a 1998 Chevrolet Express van?

I can not find a rollover or inertia fuel cut off switch for this van. GM does not usually use them. It may have been installed aftermarket if the van has been converted. I will opt out and see if another tech can help you.

Expert:  Pete replied 20 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Has this van been converted with an inertia rollover switch that you know of?GM doesnt install one of these at the factory.If it did not have this converted into it and you have no fuel pressure the most common cause is the fuel pump itself needing replaced.Fuel pump failure was a common issue on GM models.

I can tell you how to test this if you like just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete