GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My 99 suburban 5.7 has the same symptoms as the anti theft

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, my 99 suburban 5.7 has the same symptoms as the anti theft system failures, but the usual fix does not solve the prob. It has fuel pressure to injectors and spark at the plugs. Any ideas? --Charlie
JA: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: Mileage is approx. 175,000, The only service has replaced fuel pump about 7,500 mi back, but about 5 years, (truck gets very little use-frequent but very short trips).
JA: Are you fixing your Suburban yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am doing it myself. I've hot wired the fuel pump relay, checked fuel pressure at the test port, checked the spark at the plugs, have 12 volts at injector control module, and installed the matching resistor into the vehicle anti theft circuit at the key switch.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of, other than that I'm assuming he is familiar with the anti-theft by pass as described in many, many, internet posts.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** there a security light illuminated on the dash, when you try to start it?