Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

2001 chevy 6.0 cranks no start, yes, 3/4 suburban4x4, yes

Customer Question

2001 chevy 6.0 cranks no start
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model of your '01 Chevy?
Customer: 3/4 suburban4x4
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes crank sensor,cam sensor , throdel positioning sensor
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: connect me
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 25 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Has fuel pressure been tested at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
no
Expert:  Pete replied 25 days ago.

The most common cause for a crank no start on this model as well as several other GM models is a weak fuel pump needing replaced.Your fuel pressure should be tested.On top of the intake there is a test port you can thread in a fuel pressure test gauge to test this.In some cases you can rent the fuel pressure test gauge from a local parts store.With the key on and engine off your fuel pressure needs to be between 55 and 62 psi.If it is any lower then 55 psi then the fuel pump is weak and needs replaced as well as the fuel filter along the drivers side frame rail.

The fuel tank has to be lowered out to replace the pump.Labor can cost around 3.5 hours to have it replaced and the pump can range anywhere from $200 to over $400 depending on where it is purchased.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete