Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

My 2010 aveo hard starting after sitting awhile reprogramed

Customer Question

my 2010 aveo hard starting after sitting awhile reprogramed ecm new plugs cleaned mass air sensor an throttle body can prime an will start right away seems to loss fuel pressure over time
JA: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?
Customer: I nevered tried fps yet once started works fine ontil left for awile
JA: Are you fixing your Aveo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i cleaned afs an throttle body an hose going from air filter to throttle body rest garage done told me everything fine but next day samething 380 dollars later
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that's about it
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- what we need to know is at the time it is hard starting, what are you missing spark or fuel pressure or fuel pulse or a combination of these.

2-check the spark ?

3-check the injector are they pulsing ?

4-check fuel pressure ? this is the fuel pressure specs for your car : Fuel pressure Ignition ON, engine OFF ............................... 365-414 kPa (53-60 psi)

5- have you check CKP crank shaft position sensor ,it is a common issue and it wil not set Fault code & same thing on maf ,u cleaned yours but what is the maf doing under load , hook up car to scanner that can read it , what is the maf reading when you give it a kick down and it shifting to the 2nd gear .

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

If at any point during our conversation you like to speak to me on the phone ,feel free to ask me or you can request it on the screen at your convenience and I will call you right away.

Chad

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat