GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I just changed out my radio with the same GM part number

Customer Question

Hi I just changed out my radio with the same GM part number 15837848 and its asking me for a code
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: Unfortunately I misplaced the manual but I didn't checked the glove box for the code. Would there be any other way to get the code if I don't find it in the glove box?
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: 2006 isuzu i350
JA: Are you fixing your i-350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just installed it the same way I removed the old one.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that would be it
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 25 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

yes the other will be to call the dealer and ask for parts department and give them the radio number , they should give you the code for free .

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
I called a few dealers and they are telling me to bring the vehicle in to program which is a money making scheme

Well if they are asking you that , that will be fine but the charge should be around $85 nit more

some dealers give it to you fro free, if you know somebody in service or parts department will help

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
ChadI really thought this service was more helpful then this. Is there anyway you can provide a code? I really thought this site could have helped but I guess not.

i m trying to be helpful but the manufacture don't provide these codes for us .

Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 24 days ago.

Hi there, I am cam. I am sorry but you have been given some bad information. If there were codes to get I would be able to get them, however its not a system that requires a code. These newer vehicles require programming with the factory scan tool or aftermarket tool compatible with the GM system and software to unlock the radio. This learns the VIN and speaker configuration for the vehicle to the radio for optimum performance. . Long gone are the days of using a code to unlock the radios. An honest shop would charge between 30-50 for this programming.