GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

2000 Chevrolet SS. I am changing condensor & compressor hose

Customer Question

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS. I am changing condensor & compressor hose along with the thermostat today. What is the proceedure? Anything I need to do special?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  GM Tech (Cam) replied 1 month ago.

Hi there. I am Cam.

Are you only replacing the hoses or the condenser as well?
Is your car a super charged engine?

Here is a document for the thermostat, it is actually VERY easy to replace.

Here is a document for the AC hose. IS this the one you are changing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is what I was going to replace. http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/acdelco-air-conditioning-compressor-and-condenser-hose-15-32583/18056743-P?searchTerm=ac+condensor+hose
But my neighbor said it was AC line and I would have to let the freon out and it was to dangerous. That hose has a small leak where hose meets metal part. There was green liquid dripping off hose. I thought it was radiator fluid. I drained some of my radiator fluid out and it is red. Apparently the green fluid is dye. He said we will do a compression test on radiator tomorrow so we can find out where the leak is. I keep having to put fluid in reservoir.I also plan on replacing oil pan gasket because it is leaking. If I need new radiator, should I replace that before replacing oil pan gasket?

If you have GREEN, that is AC dye and it does need that hose. yes you would need to have the system recovered then replace the line. When you do replace it, make sure the line fittings and seals are clean, lubed with clean AC oil then replace it.
As for the radiator, if its not lea*****, *****'t bother replacing it.