Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

I have a 2000 Silverado ls with a 5.3 vortec, I replaced the

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Silverado ls with a 5.3 vortec, I replaced the transmission and no I have no spark. I replaced the crank position sensor, the battery, checked the plugs, coils and even the egnition switch all the fuses and relays and still have no spark. what is goung on is it a bad ground.
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: no the battery is good
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2000 cheverolet Silverado LS 1500 4x4
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I am , I replaced the transmission and no I have no spark. I replaced the crank position sensor, the battery, checked the plugs, coils and even the egnition switch all the fuses and relays and still have no spark. what is goung on is it a bad ground.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 28 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Let me look up the circuit for the igntion control coils and module and lets see why no spark .

be right back

Chad

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
i cant find any reason why it doesn't have spark

I sent you the wiring circuit diagrams for the ignition system , sensor circuit, ignition coils circuit and all power & grounds.

on the ignition coil if you review the circuit i sent you there is 3 wires on the coil, Ignition 12 volt on on wire , low reference voltage from PCM(should be between 0 to 5 v) and a signal wire ,same story on the ckp sensor , (WHAT ARE YOU MISSING ? ) using a test light you should be able to know .

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THE CIRCUIT MATCHES

this is for 2000 silverado ls 4x4 with 5.3 liter non flex fuel

If at any point during our conversation you like to speak to me on the phone ,feel free to ask me or you can request it on the screen at your convenience and I will call you right away.

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 27 days ago.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat