Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I LET THE TOP DOWN AND IT WONT DO ANYTHING. CLOSE, 2005

Customer Question

I LET THE TOP DOWN AND IT WONT DO ANYTHING. CLOSE
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2005 CHEVY SSR
JA: Are you fixing your SSR yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I STOPPED AT GRO. STORE AND IT WONT GO BACK UP. TRIED TO DO IT MANUAL CABLES WONT OPEN COVER UP
JA: What year is your '05 Storm?
Customer: 2005 SUPER SPORT ROADSTER YTUCK
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO MA'AM
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Are you getting any warning/fault messages on the dash at all with this issue here?

Let me now so we can continue from here,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
all it said was to open it manualy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

O.k.,what has to be done from here unfortunately is to have a compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle that can read all computers to see what codes are set with this fault.Once this is done any codes set will help diagnose and locate the issue here.I have seen issues with a faulty lock/latch sending an incorrect signal not allowing manual or electrical release or an issue with a position sensor sending an incorrect signal that will also cause this fault here.These are usually the most common but your model uses several of these so it is difficult to say for sure from here which is the cause without knowing what codes are set with this fault.The codes do need checked and will help in locating this issue here.And this does need done as the first part of the diagnosis to repair this.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete