Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I want the automatic door locks disabled. if iwant the doors

Customer Question

i want the automatic door locks disabled. if iwant the doors locked i will lock them
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: 117 miles . it did on my 2006 truck until released the code to change it ihave a phobia of being locked in especially since an aquaintance died because it took so long to get in the car.
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2017 chevrolet 1/2 ton silverado/
JA: What year is your '06 Silverado?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: this is a new 2017 that iasked the dealer to change but they dont seem to interested since i have paid for the truck.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i also dislike the chimes as well as allthe electronics that i will probably never use but the door locks are the main issue.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 29 days ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

Expert:  Gary replied 29 days ago.

do you have the owners manual on hand ?

can you look up personalize or auto door locks ?

it should have the procedure for setting the auto door lock feature to off

most are done through the information screen and options and select that feature to be off

how are you making out ?

dont forget to rate us here

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
the owners manual only tells how to set the UNLOCK system but not how to prevent them from locking. it seems gm wants to dictate my useage instead of letting me decide. on the otherhand they sell cars that will travel well in excess of 100 mph with no restrictions.
Expert:  Gary replied 29 days ago.

i agree with you usually when its set to not use unlock they sometimes will not lock automatically

if that option still will not stop then from autolocking on you the only other thing you can do is remove the lock relay but that will disable the power lock and unlock buttons

dont forget to rate us here