Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

My truck wont go in reverse until i rev up the engine. It

Customer Question

My truck wont go in reverse until i rev up the engine. It drives fine in all gears except reverse. Is this a fluid issue, sensor issue, or clutch?
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 28 days ago.

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.Ask me about added features such as phone contact anytime if you wish !

Expert:  Gary replied 28 days ago.

is the check engine light on ?

the fluid is full ?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Check engine light is not on and fluid is low
Expert:  Gary replied 28 days ago.

top off the fluid and see if it still will do this

if it does with the fluid full and the forward gears are not slipping at all the issue will clutch or band issue causing this problem and im sorry to say it would need to come out and apart to be fixed and more than likely rebuilt

reverse requires no electronics to operate and just needs full fluid and the band and clutches to be good to operate

dont forget to rate us here

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Expert:  Gary replied 28 days ago.

if you have any questions please ask

dont forget to rate us here