kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

I have a 99 silverado at a stop when i accelerate my truck

Customer Question

i have a 99 silverado at a stop when i accelerate my truck boggs down. engine light is on for knock sensors but they have already been changed
JA: Has your vehicled stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: it only stalls when its cold and its rare that it does. the codes where p0327 and p0332
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 99 chevy silverado 4.8l 2wd
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have changed knock sensors, o2 sensors, intake gasket, and have done a tune up,and change the computer in it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: its loosing power and getting worse
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  kalamykid replied 28 days ago.

How many miles are on your truck?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
240000
Expert:  kalamykid replied 28 days ago.

Have you ever replaced the timing chain? If the chain is stretched it will retard the timing as well as make the timing jump back and forth. This can confuse the computer and cause a spark knock that the knock sensors will pick up.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
No i haven't but i can try and see if that helps. Is there anything else that might help
Expert:  kalamykid replied 28 days ago.

You have already done all the simple things. Other than running high test fuel, the timing chain is the most likely problem with that many miles on it.