Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Neal, I am working on an 04 chevy duramax(non cali

Customer Question

Neal, I am working on an 04 chevy duramax(non cali emissions) and have been following the diagnostics on this thread about the 05 duramax. When I probe my ground circuit of the wiring harness that attaches to the glow plug controller, my resistance is below 1 ohm for about 2 seconds and then it jumps up above the specified value by about 50 ohms. should it stay under 1 ohm no matter how long it is being tested? Also, the pink wire(#5, ignition voltage, is not hot when I prove it with key on. I have checked wiring diagram and it says that circuit comes from the "fuel heater"(15amp) fuse. That fuse is not blown so I am not sure if I should be looking at my ground circuit wiring or ignition voltage wire first?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

What concern are you trying to address on the vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
04 Chevy 3500 Silverado 6.6 dieselI have a code for a glow plug issue. I'm not sure what the code number is ***** I had my truck in the shop for a different issue and they mentioned to me in passing that there was a code related to the glow plugs not working.I have begun to diagnose the issue by testing the glow plug controller and my original question was posted to a thread of where "Neal" had answered a gentlemans question that was exactly my issue. I have tested the main power feed to the controller and I do have voltage.From here my original question should make more sense if you are able to look at a wiring diagram. Thanks!

I do have all the wire diagrams if that would be of any help.

If I post all the glow plug codes, could you pick out which you had?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would not be able to. My code reader needs to be updated so that I can read codes and I cannot do that until Monday. I also will not be working on the truck until Monday if we want to wait until then to continue diagnosis.

Monday is fine with me. I would hate to post a semi answer now.

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 30 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

Just trying to stay in contact.