Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

I have a 2006 chevy impala v-6 and it is running rough at

Customer Question

I have a 2006 chevy impala v-6 and it is running rough at idle and giving a p0300 code. I have changed the MAS sensor and replaced all the spark plugs and plug wires but the rough running has not stopped. What else could cause this problem?
JA: How many miles are on the car? When did you last change the plugs?
Customer: 180,000 miles and Just the other day when it started running rough.
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2006 impala with 3.5 v6 engine
JA: Are you fixing your Impala yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am. And I have replaced the MAS air flow sensor, air filter, all the spark plugs , and plug wires.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are You

1- P0300 is random Multiple Misfire.

2- Plugs and MAF will cause that , but also low fuel pressuer and vacuum leaks will cause the P0300.

3- on cold engine ,If you sprayed starting fluid around the intake manifold will the engine rpm surges up , if it does we have a vaucmm leak

4- The fuel pressuer on the car should be:

2006 Chevrolet Impala V6-3.5L VIN N

Save Article

Select Print Option Complete Article Text Only Image(s) Only

Fuel Pressure (Key ON, Engine OFF).......................345-414 kPa (50-60 psi)

5- Can you get me the fuel trim readings long term or short term at idle and the oxygen sesnor readings also, I can be more accurate for you if you can

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat