Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air Conditioning systems
45790705

Have a 1993 chevy 350 engine. runs good but at random will

Customer Question

have a 1993 chevy 350 engine. runs good but at random will dye. may start right away- sometimes may wait several hours or next day. replaced fuel pump but problem still there. when engine wont start, fuel pump is running. haven't checked to see if i'm getting fire when won't start.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 29 days ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- we need fuel & spark to run

2- if the fuel pump is still running ,are we losing spark ,have you checked ?

I sent you the circuit description and diagrams.

Circuit Description: Crank signal is ignition voltage signal to the ECM during cranking to allow enrichment and cancel diagnostics until engine is running or 12 volts is no longer on circuit. Test Description: Numbers below refer to circled numbers on the diagnostic chart. 1. Checks for normal (cranking) voltage to terminal "C9" or ECM. Test light should be "ON" during cranking and then go "OFF" when engine is running. 2. Checks to determine if source of open fuse or fuse link was a faulty ECM.

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

If at any point during our conversation you like to speak to me on the phone ,feel free to ask me or you can request it on the screen at your convenience and I will call you right away.

Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 25 days ago.

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat