Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Auto Mech / Electronics
Experience:  Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

A few weeks ago all the windows were down and then when we

Customer Question

a few weeks ago all the windows were down and then when we tried to roll them up, none of them would go up. So we took it to the Chevy dealership to see if it was a fuse or something. They replaced all four window motors...how could that be needed. Also, when the car was returned to us, the fuse box was still exposed and they did not replace the cover. Then as we began driving it, it stalls now. So we took it back to the dealer, and they said it may be a camshaft.
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels. What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: I just texted my husband about the year. I believe it's a 2007...Chevy HHR.
JA: Are you fixing your HHR yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No we took it back to the dealer and said fix whatever you broke. So they have the car now and they said, well maybe it's the CamShaft...They'll let us know in a day or two.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Would a camshaft have to do with window motors? Could it have been sensors that needed to be replaced?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 month ago.

NO.........Camshaft or Camshaft Sensor has "nothing" to do with the Window Motors
While I find it somewhat strange that they had to Replace ALL the Window Motors, it is not unusual.
I hope they returned or showed you the Parts they replaced
IF they were aware the Fuse Panel did not have the Cover, then they should have replaced
As far as the Camshaft or Camshaft Sensor, be sure you have the Service Manager involved, as something happened between replacing the Window Motors & you driving it
.

.

did you need more information?
please respond or rate my answer

thank you

is there still a problem?

.

did you need more information?
please respond or rate my answer

thank you