Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I'm having trouble programming a new key remote I bought. It

Customer Question

I'm having trouble programming a new key remote I bought. It won't allow me to program it which is super frustrating because it's brand new and the current one I have is nearly broken. I have a mid-2000 chevy trailblazer.What happens:
When I complete the instructions for programming and finish by holding down the unlock button on the panel, the car does beep twice indicating that it's entering programming mode, but then within a few seconds it beeps again indicating it's leaving programming mode. The description of this exact problem is detailed here:http://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/problem-programming-key-fob.5815/No one in the thread seemed to have found any kind of solution. I was hoping that a professional mechanic on this site would be able to find a solution.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well give me the instructions now. I'll try it tomorrow and get back to you immediately after.

Can I get the year model of the vehicle?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
2005

I need to confirm you are following the exact steps for programming. Look them over in the file below and report back.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/trailfob.pdf

.

Prior to completing the mandatory rating at the top of your screen. Let me know if I have not yet provided you with ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~service. Reply and let me know in more detail what you need to be pleased with my help.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sir! Between steps 5 and 6 is when the problem I described shows itself. Instead of locking and unlocking and beeping once, after about 3-4 seconds it locks, unlocks, and beeps a SECOND time, which I've read is an indication that it's leaving programming mode.

Based on step 10 the LGM needs to be replaced because the module will not enter programming mode.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/LGM.pdf

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. Could it be anything else, or are you close to 100% sure?

I can only be sure if I have the results from you doing each of the tests. Rarely ever are manufacturers diagnostic steps wrong if all steps are done in order and correct.