Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

Service Park Assist, service Air bag and cruise control dont

Customer Question

service Park Assist, service Air bag and cruise control dont work. Is it one or multiple problem? Is it fixable by myself? i have little expertise.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

You need a scan tool to diagnose. Needs to be a dealer quality to access these systems. These could all be related, need codes to diagnose. This is the first step.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
will AUTOZONE scanner do the job? Or there is a specific numbered scanner that I need to buy? I am not done yet with you . When I am satisfied definitely I will rate you. thanks.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

The scanner at autozone will not work as they can only read abs and powertrain codes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
not done yet. waiting for answer. is it fixable by myself if I get code from dealer? Do you have any idea what kind of sensor or parts that I might need to fix these problems.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Once we get the codes I will be able to let you know if it is fixable yourself and have a better idea of what is going on with your vehicle. A code scan is the first step.