Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Are you real mechanic and can you help me? Well, maybe you

Customer Question

Hey there Are you real mechanic and can you help me?
JA: No. I'm the Chevy mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: Well, maybe you could help! I just bought a 2016 camaro and I was driving it on the highway tonight the check engine light started blinking, so when I got home I looked under the hood I noticed everywhere under my hood was saturated with oil
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: blink
JA: Are you fixing your Camaro yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: https://imgur.com/a/GXiue and no, I'm not going to mess with it that link shows photos of the oil everywhere
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope, just wondering what's going on and if it's serious
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

Yes this is serious, your losing oil which can ruin an engine. The flashing CEL light means there is a misfire occurring from either low oil or from oil getting into connectors at the computer, coils, or injectors. I recomment check the oil cap, dipstick, and the PCV hoses off of the valve covers to the intake to see if any are loose or off. Check and adjust the oil level and drive it to the dealer if not far or call road side assitance to have it towed for free.

Prior to completing the mandatory rating at the top of your screen. Let me know if I have not yet provided you with ~5 STAR EXCELLENT~service. Reply and let me know in more detail what you need to be pleased with my help.

Thanks Chris