Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I also had light passenger side impact. Body shop replaced

Customer Question

I also had light passenger side impact . Body shop replaced everything with new parts , headlight , fog light ect.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: I got it back and two days later my stabilatrac caused the motor to shut down , says reduced but , there's no power . I replaced the peddle break switch ect and two weeks later it's doing it again. Code 2101 1516 , I'm wondering if it has something to do with the accident at this point . Was very minor .
JA: What is the model/year of your Chevy?
Customer: Right front headlight assembly and fog lamp
JA: What year is your Chevy?
Customer: 07' GMC Sierra 1500 hd 6.0
JA: Are you fixing your Sierra 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Cleaned throttle body , replaced gas peddle with sensor as it had the code a few weeks ago , and replaced the break switch
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also had the tire replaced , no alignment yet as I'm waiting for one more to come in
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
  • Have you done the diag steps for these codes yet? Yes this could be related to the accident.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
To took it to another mechanic Thursday , he's been driving it since. I cleared the codes to get it there and it seems he hasn't gotten it to do it since then.
Apparently waiting is what happens around here. Since it's now a waiting game once again I'll be picking it up today to pull the throttle body and have it tested.
It had about 8 codes when I replaced the tire and they cleared them then also . It happened again as I drove home after that so I cked it and it had 4 but after I turned it off and hooked it back up it had 2 codes 2101 and 1516 .
Really frustrated !
The only other thing I think of is something happened when the replaced the fender and we'll cover as there is a sensor above .
3 months has passed and no one can figure this out.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is it possible to remove the stablitrac from the vehicle completely ?
I've really no need for it anyway.

Do you need the diagnostic steps for those codes?

To my knowledge there is no way to completely remove the stabiltrac system from the vehicle.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is there a way to completely disable it ?
I live in Florida and I just don't see a need for it at all. If it's this much trouble now I'd rather not deal with it again.
I've looked up everything on the codes , and everything seems to be working fine. Hasn't thrown it again since last Thursday.
Picked it up today and it doesn't seem to have the power it had before . It being the 6.0 it feels more like is a 4 banger .
6 k in it so far , not sure what else to do with the stabilatrac problem

Stabiltrac is in relation with the ABS. You would have to disable the ABS which is going to bring on many other issues.