GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My 2014 Silverado 1500 has a problem with the door lock

Customer Question

My 2014 Silverado 1500 has a problem with the door lock system. While driving you can hear the doors unlock. This is random but very frequent. When locking the vehicle, I used to get the lights to come on and then the horn would sound once. Now the lights come on but the horn comes on about a second late and sounds multiple times.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The running lights.
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I first noticed this last night and again this morning coming to work. Have done nothing yet. Investigating my options.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I know at this time.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  david craig replied 1 month ago.

Hi Im David, take the battery terminals off. clean the posts and the terminals very good. if there are any auxillary grounds remove them and clean the mounting areas down to bare metal. also, make sure the cable attached to the alternator is tight and clean. and the connector on it is not loose.

hello????

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sir: My father always told me that if you could not say something positive about a person to not say anything. However, when I am paying money for advice and the advise is bogus, I have to say something. Your suggestion was totally useless. You should know that if it was the battery connection, the issue would be effecting other systems than the door locks. Also you should know that most new vehicles come with side mounted screw in terminals which limit corrosion. I would have expected a suggestion to check the relay or solenoid for the door lock or the real issue, check the battery in the fob.

sir, my first answer is never my only answer, and if you knew anything about vehicles your statement about side mounted terminals is absolutely false. you apparently dont understand about the chemical reaction that causes corroiosion. s oif you are done with your insults, we can move on to the net step of troubleshooting or i can kindly opt out.

good luck as im sure you will find an expert on here that will help you with your issue. have a great day.