Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician
94707146

I HAVE A 2008 CHEVY SILVERADO. IT SHUTS OFF WHILE DRIVING.

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2008 CHEVY SILVERADO. IT SHUTS OFF WHILE DRIVING. IT SAYS SERVICE TIRE PRESSURE MONITERING SYSTEM. SERVICE STABILITRAK SYSTEM AND ENGINE POWER REDUCED. WOULD THAT CAUSE IT TO SHUT OFF.
JA: Is the tire cold or warm? And are you using a decent pressure guage for the reading?
Customer: THE ONE TIRE DOESNT SHOW ANYTHING ON THE SCREEN. JUST A LINE THROUGH IT.
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: THE DEALERSHIP IS SUPPOSED TO COME GET IT. JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE THEY FIX IT RIGHT AND NOT JERK ME AROUND.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: THATS IT. JUST WONDERING IF THAT WOULD CAUSE IT TO SHUT OFF ON ITS OWN.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Ok you have a few separate issues.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

The tire issue is probably a bad sensor in the wheel.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

The service stabilitrak could be a few different things, need a scan tool to get the codes. Same for the reduced power light. Need codes. This is most likely a throttle body issue. The two could be related as the stabilitrak uses info from the throttle body for throttle position.

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks

Expert:  Dan replied 26 days ago.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will time out and close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

Thanks