Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I Have a 2016 duramax silverado HD 3500 it went into limp

Customer Question

I Have a 2016 duramax silverado HD 3500 it went into limp mode and on star says the code is p2263....I am on a 1200 mile trip pulling a trailer with a load of horses....any ideas what this could be or what part?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The truck has 3k miles on it just bought in august
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Code P2263 indicates a fault with the turbo charger boost performance.This can be an issue with a boost sensor,restriction in the turbo boost components or even a fault with the turbo itself needing replaced.You will need to have the turbo components checked,tested to locate which component is at fault here and once this is done it can be repaired from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete