GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Upon acceleration it has a bad stumble issue.the car is a 64

Customer Question

upon acceleration it has a bad stumble issue.the car is a 64 el camino.the engine is a 350 with stock 9-1 compression,performer intake and carb with a preform hei and hooker headers
JA: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the fuel filters?
Customer: transmission is a stock turbo 350 rebuilt 2 years ago with 500 miles on it and the fuel filters are new .
JA: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: car has no turbo
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have not checked timing yet and my friend said it was running rich.he leaned it out by changing metering rods and jets.I noticed when driving it last night it was very sluggish and if you stepped on it hard it started popping and nisfiring.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Did the hesitation,popping and misfire occur after the rods and jets were replaced or was this an issue before and after?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Good Morning Pete
I believe this is an on going issue.so from what info I have it was from the get go or the start.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Is the popping from the exhaust or intake area?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my phone is charging Pete. I will be ready to peak with you in about an hour or we can continue on the computer until my dumb phone is charged ,sorry for any inconvenience Sean
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately I am unable to place a call on this here myself but others here see you have requested a call and may call on this still.I can however continue here if you want.