Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

I have a 2012 Chevrolet Malibu that has successfully paired

Customer Question

Hi Pearl: I have a 2012 Chevrolet Malibu that has successfully paired with my Verizon phone. When I accept a call from anybody through the bluetooth in the car, it disables my telephone network capability and I have to restart my telephone to clear the issue. The telephone has been replaced twice as well as the network simm card twice. Have any ideas?
JA: Does your device require a code?
Customer: the pairing code always appears and I am able to type it into my phone.
JA: Are you fixing your Malibu yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have had many arguments with the cell phone company, but recently realized it is probably in the car, not with the phone.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Cant think of anything else.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In some cases not all phones are completely compatible and this is a possibility here.If you have not tried to use a different phone (maybe someone you know that you can try their phone with this) to see if this corrects the fault I would try this.If it works then,then it is a phone compatibility fault and in some cases a dealer can update the software to resolve this issue.

If this is or was tried with no success I would have a dealer check and see if there is any type of software update for the vehicles side of this issue to correct this here as in some cases this can be done for this fault.It may also be the phone control unit that is at fault in the vehicle needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete