GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

GMC Acadia intermittently takes significantly more cranks to

Customer Question

Hello, GMC Acadia intermittently takes significantly more cranks to start. It is not a major issue as it does eventually start. Most times, it is 3-5 cranks to start or basically, by the time I release the key, the vehicle starts, in other words, in a timely and expected manner. However, there are intermittent times when it takes 2-3 times the amount of cranks to start. So far, it has always started though.It is likely fuel related, just not sure what to look for. No codes from the ECM during any of this. Have noticed a pattern, in all instances, it does not happen when the car is cold or hot (in other words, in the morning no issue and if I just run in to the store, no issue). Rather, it has only happened when the car is warm. Meaning, sits for a few hours and then try to start. This is just my perception, may not actually be a clue.Also, some background. This car was having issues (you may remember since you helped me) with High Speed GMLAN between TCM and ECM. I replaced the ECM as you suggested and had the GM dealer update and program the ECM. Since then, my GMLAN issue may be resolved, time will tell, so thank you for that. No codes or issues with that since the replacement. However, this issue seems to have cropped up since the replacement as I do not remember it happening at all before. That said, it may be completely coincidence and unrelated.Thanks!
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

give me few about 20 minutes so i m behind my lap top & get back with you

Chad

hey sorry , your question dissapeared on me , I apologize

You need to look into another TB Body ( Throttle body ) , it is a common issue on it .

it will need programing with a proper scanner

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat