GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Got a 2004 chevy silverado, it stalls out when slowing down

Customer Question

got a 2004 chevy silverado, it stalls out when slowing down to an idle, also, when driving on the highway sometimes the gas gets no power. the last bit is recent
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: lately consistent, but i just cleaned the throttle body and now this issue has happened
JA: Are you fixing your Silverado yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Seafoam, and cleaned out the trottlebody
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Has the check engine light come on and have you scanned the system to see if there are any fault codes setting?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The check engine light comes on when I push on the gas hard, but if I don't rev the engine it will not come on. Also, when I push on the gas hard it sounds like something under me is rattling
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I have not gotten it scanned
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

You are likely dealing with a throttle body issue here but before you do anything else can you get it scanned and get me the fault code and or codes and we can work from there. Most auto parts stores such as auto zone will run a scan for you at no charge. Post back when you have them and we can go from there.